IT’S FUN TO BE BOLD AND ADVENTUROUS BUT A LITTLE PREPARATION PRIOR TO CATCHING THAT BIG FLIGHT GOES A LONG WAY, Here is the ultimate checklist for the travelers to make their trip well managed and wonderful .
- Thoroughly check with your travel operator and, ideally, the embassy of your travel destination to make sure you have all the latest and necessary information and details. After all, you don’t want your travel plan to end with a deported tag.
- As tedious as it may be, good research pays, and it pays well. Culture shock is sometimes unavoidable, so learn whatever details you can about your destination’s culture, customs and practices. You want to feel welcomed, not treated like an alien species who appears shocked out of their wits. Getting in touch with the people who’ve visited the place or, if possible, who live there, is a good idea.
- Make it a priority to verse yourself on at least the basic of conversational skills in the local language, never mind the grammar. Your effort will not only win you praises, but also help you ease into the local atmosphere.
- Weather reports, no matter how trivial, are important. Find out what time of the year would suit your travelling tastes. And since Nepal is a country of abundant festivals during all seasons, so mark your calendar for any upcoming events that falls during the time of your visit.
- Get the big bookings out of the way for your first stay, but keep your itinerary flexible. It’ll allow you to maybe extend your stay here or shorten your trip there as you wish. Taking up all-over-the-place-in-a-day packages do help when you’re tight on time and budget, but might not always mean you see much. Adapt your travel plans out accordingly as you explore.
- Opt for good hotels not cheap ones. A reasonably priced hotel will not only offer you a comfortable and safe stay but also provide you with a better hospitality experience. BnB (a bed and breakfast stay) is all the rage these days, and with a little bit of research and contact, you can find your perfect stay.
- Don’t forget you’re travelling, so fight that urge to carry your home with you.Keep things organized. It can’t be helped if there are things you can’t absolutely do without, medicines, for instance. For your everyday needs, there’s hardly anything that the city won’t have on offer.
- Save up on your international roaming data charges by getting a local sim card once you get to your destination. It will be easily available at any number of stores. The employees at your hotel can help you get one easily. But do make sure that you get your phone unlocked for the purpose before you leave your country, otherwise your phone might not support the sim.
- It’s understandable to be wary of scammers and the like, but it’s not wise to put on your detective goggles at all times. It will destroy the fun factor of your trip. Be smart, but careful not to be arrogant, have confidence and don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation. Ask locals for help whenever you feel like you’re in a fix. Nepal is known to be one of the hospitable countries in the world for a reason.
- Don’t stress yourself with the race to make it to every “must-visit” labelled sites. If you can’t, it’s okay too. Instead take your time and learn about the locality from a local’s perspective and come to appreciate the place’s subtle specialties that the must-visit tag usually tend to overlook.
- A good guidebook always makes for an valuable investment. They are a good way to keep track of what you will need, where you are, places you can go to and what you can expect to find. Some books also contain important information related to VISA information and other info such as tourist fees that you’ll need to pay at various sites, emergency numbers for hospitals or legal assistance, locations of our embassy or consulates, convenience stores, currency exchange counters, banks, and so on.
BUT REMEMBER THAT BOOKS ARE A MERE GUIDANCE AND YOU DON’T NECESSARILY NEED TO SWEAR YOUR TRAVEL PLANS BY THEM. HOW YOU GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR TRAVEL EXPERIENCE IS HOW MUCH OPEN YOU ARE TO EXPLORE. FEEL FREE TO EXPLORE, TAKE A DETOUR, TAKE CHANCES AND INTERMINGLE WITH THE LOCALS OR ASK FOR SUGGESTIONS FROM THE HOTEL STAFF FOR A THING OR TWO THAT EVEN THE GUIDEBOOKS ARE BOUND TO MISS.