Considering the declaration of World Health Organization regarding the scale of COVID-19 spread as global pandemic, following the recommendations and counter measures to be taken by the countries to cope with pandemic and assimilating the international Health Regulation (IHR) 2005, Protocols and Prescriptions; Government of Nepal has decided to enforce the following decisions, directions, and precautionary measures in supplantation of all the earlier notices issuded on this subject. The provisions enlisted in this notice will come into effect from twelve hours midnight (Nepal standard time) on 14th march 2020 till 30the April 2020.
- Visa-on-arrival for all foreigners has been suspended for aforementioned period.
- All foreigners with a prior valid visa of Nepal have to submit a swab test PCR healthe certificate issued maximum 7 days before their arrival date to Nepal and must be submitted at the immigration office Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA).
- Any foreign nationals including NRN’s willing to visit Nepal for compelling reasons may contact to Nepali diplomatic missions abroad. A recent swab test PCR healthe certificate issued maximum 7 days before their arrival date to Nepal and must be submitted at the immigration office Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA).
- On-arrival-visa (Gratis) facility granted to Non-Resident Nepalese card holders is also suspended for the aforementioned period.
- All foreign nationals entering Nepal since 14th march 2020 are subjected to stay in Self Quarantine and Nepali nationals including NRNs are subjected to stay in Home Quarantine for 14 days from the date of their arrival.
- Foreigners with diplomatic and official visa entering Nepal for the first time or travelling back to Nepal are subjected to stay in Self Quarantine for 14 days.
- Foreigners with Business, study and working visa travelling back to Nepal are subjected to stay in self quarantine for 14 days.
- All Nepali nationals residing abroad are requested to avoid non-essential travel and are urged to follow high precautionary measures.
- All the land ports of entry in Nepal remain closed for arrival in Nepal during the aforementioned period to the foreigners from third countries and are requested to used Tribhuvan International Airport only.
- All the permits for mountaineering expeditions issued, and to be issued for spring 2020 season are suspended.
The diplomatic missions of Nepal representing abroad and foreign missions in Nepal are requested to acknowledge and circulate this notice accordingly. The international airlines operators bound to Nepal, travel & tour operators are also requested to follow the aforementioned decisions, directions and relevant circulars of Government of Nepal.
Note : The diplomatic missions of Nepal abroad and the foreign missions in Nepal will be noticed in purview of this notice shortly through Department of Consular Services.